Avocado. The essence of healthy fats. Pare that with eggs and you get the most enriching meal couple ever to exist on this dear earth. Deviled eggs are a staple for many parties, and can be tweaked to satisfy everyone! The normal deviled eggs are good, but when you add that creamy avocado…mmmmmm… you get what’s known as the avocado deviled eggs. Even better than Grandma’s, especially when you count the health benefits of this Low Carb High Fat treat!
- Bacon - 2 slices
- Eggs - 6
- Avocado - 1
- Cilantro - 2 tbsp, chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Lemon zest - 1 lemon
- Chives - 2 tbsp, chopped
- Cayenne pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Salt, pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate, set aside.
- Cook soft-boiled eggs, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the yolks and avocado with a fork until chunky. Stir in cilantro, lemon juice and lemon zest; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a pastry bag or just make a small cut into a ZipLoc bag to pipe into the eggs
- Top with bacon and garnish with chives and cayenne pepper.
- Can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Prepared in the evening, it’s a great work lunch for the next day.
Now your friends and family will forever be asking you how you got your eggs so delicious! Tell them to just add fruit. This will keep them guessing forever, and your legacy will continue as the greatest cook in the family!