Ah, salad…that dreaded word you hear when you think “healthy diet.” It may feel monotonous to only eat traditional salads day after day, so here is a fresh take on a filling salad for hot summer days may just change your life. It’s really whatever you want it to be, and you can spin it in many different ways. My definition of “salad” is: a bunch of (mostly) healthy stuff mixed together for heightened excitement and dramatically improved taste. Also, it looks really good on Instagram! There’s no way you can go wrong here, so have at it!
- Avocado - 1
- Tomato - 2
- Egg, poached or soft boiled - 1
- Salt, Pepper
- Toppings: prosciutto, mozzarella, basil, bacon bits (optional)
- Salad mix
- Place salad mix on servingdish.
- Add sliced avocado and tomatoes.
- Poach 1 egg and place on top of avocado and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add preferred toppings and enjoy!
Tips for a Perfect Filling Salad:
- You can use any vegetables or seasoning you’d like, this salad is made for you!
- This summer salad is high in protein and low in carbs.
I like to add every kind of cheese I can find and maybe now and then, a slice of toast(shhhh). But this is definitely a great meal for those breakfast/lunches that you just have no idea what to do. Sometimes adding a little olive oil or lemon juice can take it to the next level. Also, you can add nuts and dried fruit to amp up the protein and color. Whatever your heart desires! Now go wild!