photo by @rezelkealoha
This delicious, make-ahead chia seed pudding is both quick and easy, especially when your mornings aren’t! Chia seeds are packed with Omega-3 and antioxidants, plus their high fiber content makes this an excellent option for breakfast. They leave you feeling fuller for longer so you can maintain energy and have better focus. On top of that, you feel like you’ve had dessert for breakfast – without the guilt!
- Chia seeds - 6 tbsp
- Coconut, almond or cashew milk - 2 cups
- Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- Maple syrup, honey or sweetener of choice - 1tbspn (optional)
- Blueberries, strawbeeries or blackberries, for topping
- Mix together chia seeds, nut milk, vanilla and sweetner. You can use a bowl or a mason jar.
- When the mixture is well combined, let it sit for 5 minutes, give it another stir/shake to break up any clumps of chia seeds, cover and put the mixture in the fridge to “set-up” for 1-2 hours.
- When ready to serve, divide the mixture between two bowls, top the pudding with berries and enjoy.
- You can also prep your chia seed pudding the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- Use other superfood toppings such as coconut flakes, cacao nibs, flax seeds or goji berries for a boosted nutrition.
Honestly, who wants to have to get up extra early to cook breakfast? This chia seed pudding is a great idea for those days where you’ve had a rough day at work and know you will want to sleep in in the morning. You can just mix it up, let it do it’s thing, in the fridge, and have a complete breakfast waiting for you in the morning!