Salads are a great way to stay full and satisfied while being healthy as we all know, but sometimes plain greens can get a little yawn-worthy. Kick your salad game up a notch with this Turkey Chopped Salad Recipe! Lean turkey and flavorful bacon pack a protein punch while avocado and fresh veggies add color and nutrients to help you get through the day.
Whether it be a way to use up the leftovers from last nights turkey dinner or an attempt to get back on the health-wagon after the Holidays, this recipe is an easy go-to that you’ll want to make again and again and share with all your friends! The fun thing about this recipe is that you have a fantastic base to get you started but you can add more toppings to mix things up! Diced red onion, purple cabbage, and different dressing choices can give you a variety of flavors to test out. We recommend ranch, chipotle ranch, or a maple dijon dressing with this dish! For an even healthier version of this salad, add spinach, kale, arugula, and trade in a light sesame ginger vinaigrette drizzle.
- Romaine lettuce - 2 heads
- Red bell pepper - 1
- Grape tomatoes - 1 cup
- Avocado - 1
- Bacon - 8, crumbled
- Turkey breast - 4 cups, diced
- Cheese - 1 cup, shredded
- Favorive dressing
- Wash, dry, and chop lettuce into small pieces (smaller than bite-size).
- Divide among four dinner plates or large bowls.
- Divide pepper, tomatoes, avocado, bacon, and turkey among plates, arranging as you like. Sprinkle each plate with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Pass ranch dressing on the side. Try a chipotle ranch recipe for some serious flavor!
photos by @nobiteuntilphoto @hermez777